Tuesday 24 May 2016

It's That Time Of Year: Cannes 2016

I can't believe it is already May..... Summer is just around the corner and I could not be more excited!

Anyway, May brings with it one of my favourite parts of this time of the year: Cannes! The glamour! The style! The celebrities! All set against the stunning backdrop of the French Riviera. 

In honour of the event, I thought I would take a moment to appreciate some of the most beautiful outfits the event.  

As there have been so many beautiful outfits (sorry I can't stop fangirling) I have picked 5 celebrities who I think have looked amazing so far.

1) Blake Lively: some of her outfits have left me, quite frankly, speechless (in the very best way). She looks so happy, glowing and effortlessly elegant. Without a doubt, she has been, in my mind, the best dressed so far. The beautiful red jumpsuit from Juan Carlos Obando, the Cinderella-esque ballgown from Vivienne Westwood Couture and that dazzling one shouldered Atelier Versace dress. There is no disputing that Blake Lively is the Queen of the Cannes red carpet. A simple Google search of her past Cannes outfits proves that! 




2) Jessica Chastain: effortlessly beautiful. The yellow Armani PrivĂ© strapless number was just a dream on her, the colour perfect. My favourite, however, was the wonderful glittering Alexander McQueen dress, which was giving off all kinds of 1920's Gatsby-esque vibes. The intricate beading, the dazzling addition of the necklace. It was perfectly put together and one of my favourite dresses of Cannes. 




3) Kirsten Dunst: she has wowed with her outfit choices the last couple of weeks and worn some incredibly stunning dresses, which also exude individuality. In fact, I am glad I waited till the end of the event to write this, as her dress to the closing ceremony, a Valentino Couture, was amazzzzzzzing! She also proved her style credentials throughout the event with the beautiful flowered Gucci dress and the pleated Christian Dior dress, with both colours complimenting her skin tone perfectly! The dream. 




4) Kendall Jenner: Two of Kendall's outfit really stood out for me. The first of which was that wonderful white Emilia Wickstead jumpsuit, accessorised perfectly with those white-rimmed cat eyes ( I NEED ) sunglasses. The second was that fabulous Elie Saab gown - wow! Again, showcasing more 1920's vibes, there is not much, in my opinion that is wrong with this dress. The feathers, the flowers and the style - just yes! 




5) Cheryl: Like Blake, a google of Cheryl's past outfits highlight just why I've included her here. Her past outfits are, as Perez Hilton stated last year "throne-worthy." This year was no different. Her Naeem Khan couture gown was nothing short of stunning. It was vibrant, sleek and sophisticated, a winning combination! This theme continued with the sparkly sequinned Zuhair Murad jumpsuit, complete with a plunging neckline and bold colourway and seriously raised the style stakes at Cannes! 




So there you have it! A round up of my top 5 best dresses (in my opinion) celebrities at Cannes! What about you? Who do you think was best dressed? 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Style Evolution. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig