Tuesday 3 May 2016

Summer's Essential Items


Hello everyone and welcome to my blog! 


For my first post (woo!) I thought I would write a post about essential key pieces for summer. However, in order to add my own Lorna twist to it, I thought I’d move away from the usual “classic white tee” and “denim shorts.” I’m not saying that these items aren't fabulous, they are, and I relish the moment of finding a new perfect pair of Levi’s. But I think it’s important to give some love to other classic summer items! 


Here we go…..!


White Blazer: so clean, crisp and fresh. A plain white blazer is the perfect item for a chic day look or cooler summer evenings. I bought mine from Mango a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. I bring it out without fail year after year to smarten up an outfit.




Heeled Sandals: the more vivid the colour, the better! They can take you seamlessly from day to night and always, always look glamorous! A sandal in a bold colour can add a pop to a simple outfit, as an element of surprise in an outfit is always fun - business up top and a party on your feet! I bought mine from ASOS (they look great with a tan) a couple of years ago, and like the blazer, they come out without fail every year. I cannot get enough of them! 




Statement Maxi Dress: patterned, block coloured, delicate straps, boho, nautical, dressed up with a belt or just by itself, the statement maxi can be carried with ease year after year. Taken from day to night, from the beach and the races, a statement maxi is an eternal summer essential. Easy, breezy and beautiful (and wonderfully chic).


Palazzo Pants: This is a key item for Spring/Summer 2016. However, given their popularity a couple of years ago, I believe that they are one of those items that will re-appear every few years. I prefer a plain black style, as I can carry them from day to night and from season to season. Paired with a plain black crop and chunky heels, this look is so on point. 



Neck Scarf: I’m not sure why, but every time I see one of these I instantly think of the French Riviera. The reason this is a key item for summer is it’s versatility: it can be worn around the neck as a scarf (or in keeping with the season as a bandana - very on trend), as a hair band or even as an addition to a hat (my personal favourite is to pair it with a straw boater!). No matter what, they add an element of chic to an outfit (perhaps as it invokes feelings of the French Riviera) and is a beautiful addition to an outfit. My own is a ‘hand me down” from my lovely mummy and is a beautiful Hermes scarf. As you can imagine, it was a very happy day when I was given this! 




What about you? What are your year on year key summer pieces?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Style Evolution. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig